Monday 15 September 2014

whenever you get a 50p coin - check to see if it has the london 2012 logo and a picture of a sport

A series of sporting images reflecting 29 Olympic and Paralympic sports including swimming, boxing, gymnastics, boccia and goalball, make up the coins' new look


http://www.royalmint.com/discover/uk-coins/coin-design-and-specifications/london-2012-coins

During games time, when these badboys got released, you could spot them in your change a mile off - proper shiny they were and very distinctive.

I collected about 50-60 and started giving them away, at the time I hadn't really thought about collecting them properly - too anorak for me! But one christmas my girlfriend bought me the MOST gorgeous red velvet box and that was it, I posted something on Facebook to get all of my friends checking their loose change for coins.

Charlie from the pink singers pinksingers.co.uk found boccia
Kip & Tim found 3 which I can't remember what they were
my mate naomi found one
And then the best one OF ALL TIME!!! Was when me and Linds (the other half) went to the commonwealth games in Scotland, Linds put a £1 into a vending machine for a bottle of water at the airport, not only did she get her water, but the machine accidentally gave her 50p change (result!) and it was HOCKEY!!!!

I have a brilliant friend called  Amy who has done what veruca salts father' did in the film charlie in the chocolate factory………she has got her entire workforce on the look out for the olympic coins i am collecting - someone in her work found 'taekwondo' the other day after a year of searching !!!!!

Only 5 more to collect - if you find one let me know and I will do a swopsy with you with all my spares!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment